If you shop regularly at the Dollar Store, you’ll know that there are some great deals out there. Although some items on this list may not be at your particular Dollar Store, many of them will be. Save dollars at a time when you shop items from this list!
1. Batteries – One of my favourite Dollar Store purchases is packs of batteries. For $1, you can buy 4 packs of batteries in various sizes. I buy an arsenal of AA batteries at each visit to keep my kids’ numerous toys fueled and running! Compare at 4 times more!
2. Licensed Disney items – Dollar Stores like Dollarama carry LOTS of licensed Walt Disney items for $1 to $2. Some items include kids’ Disney Princess and Toy Story flip flops, metal Cars 2 and Disney Fairies waste baskets and juvenile underwear.
3. Licensed Kids’ Greeting Cards – You can buy great licensed greeting cards at the Dollar Store! Buy Littlest Pet Shop and Transformers themed birthday cards for only $1!
4. Party Supplies! – At only $1 for plates, cutlery, napkins, wrapping paper and gift bags, how can you go wrong? You’ll pay 4 times higher at a party specialty store!
5. Seasonal Kids’ Items – How can you go wrong with a child’s pail, shovel and rake beach package for only $1? You can pair it with a great swimsuit for only $2!
6. Snacks! – Chocolate bars at the Dollar Store are a great deal at .50₵ to .67₵ each! My kids found a great generic Nutella hazelnut spread for only $1. Doritos chips and Smartfood popcorn regularly sell at about half the usual price.
7. Magic Erasers – If you use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to get crayons off your walls, then you’ll love the generic brand for only $1 per 3-pack. They really do the same job. The brand name sell for over $4—and you only get a 2-pack!
8. Pregnancy Tests – Although I don’t recommend these as I find them to be unreliable, yes, pregnancy tests can be purchased at $1 per stick. Buyer beware.
9. Underwear! – The Dollar Store has a decent underwear aisle for women and juniors. The kids’ undies are usually 100% cotton, and can be purchased with licensed characters like Strawberry Shortcake and Sesame Street. All for $1!
10. School Supplies – School supplies at the Dollar Store are inexpensive all year long! Notebooks, glue sticks, tape, rulers, pencils, pens, markers, pencil cases, post-it notes, lunch bags, water bottles, freezer packs and more! And only $1 per item!
Do you shop the Dollar Store? What are the best items you have found? We welcome your comments!
This article was written by me, Jenna Em, and was published in the Wednesday August 15th, 2012 issue of the Kuklamoo Blog.